Self Service Data Access
- Streamline access to data through secure self-service data access workflows.
- Manage access for support technicians to production databases securely and efficiently.
- Provide just-in-time and time-based access controls that automatically expire as needed.
In most organizations, data consumers must perform a multi-step process to receive access to datasets:
- Access Request - Data consumers must search for the dataset they want to access, and submit an access request.
- Approval Flow - Access requests require an approval flow, usually involving the business unit that owns the dataset.
- Implementation - Approved requests are implemented by a technical team, either in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) system or the data store.
This is a slow and cumbersome process and generates a lot of overhead on the IT or data engineering teams who must respond to each ticket separately in order to implement and approve all access requests.
Satori provides you with a quick and simple solution to this problem by leveraging automation and workflows to streamline this process. When data consumers try to access Datasets they do not have permissions for, Satori allows them to trigger an approval workflow.
Access requests are reviewed by pre-defined data stewards that decide the scope and level of access of each request. Once the request is approved, it is automatically implemented by Satori, allowing data consumers to query the data.
- Datasets can include one or more tables across any number of data stores.
- A Dataset can have several data stewards.
- Data stewards can assign permissions to users or groups.
- Permissions can be time limited.
- Permissions can be revoked automatically if unused.
- Users without permissions can submit an access request to data stewards.
- Data stewards can define which users or groups are allowed to receive access to datasets without requiring approval.
- Every access request, approval or rejection is audited.
- Additional security policies like dynamic masking can be applied in conjunction with dataset permissions.