Satori Customer Hosted
Satori Customer Hosted (Satori CH) is designed for organizations that want full control and ownership for operating every aspect of their Satori Customer Hosted deployment infrastructure.
The customer is responsible for all downloading, deploying, upgrading and maintaining the Satori Customer Hosted software solution.
In addition, the customer is also required to maintain the infrastructure for supporting Satori CH.
Before Satori CH is deployed in the customer environment, Satori must first approve and authorize each Satori DAC deployment.
Monitoring the Satori CH Deployment Status
To monitor the status of your Satori CH, go to the Satori product interface and select the Settings section and then click on the Data Access Controller (DAC) view.
Downloads and Upgrades
Satori enables you to download and upgrade Satori CH with ease. Simply click on the Satori CH name to access the Upgrade Settings. You can upgrade, download or install the latest version of Satori CH according to your organizational requirements.
Downloading Satori Customer Hosted
The deployment package contains a Helm chart that is generated by the management console for each Satori CH DAC.
The package contains a readme.txt document with detailed installation instructions.
Shared Responsibility Operational Model
The Satori CH deployment operational model is a shared responsibility model: All aspects of the infrastructure, kubernetes control plane, cluster resources and the overall health is maintained and monitored by the customer.
To learn more about advanced and more resilient deployment topologies please see Advanced Deployment Topologies guide.
In addition to cluster level monitoring, Satori recommends that you monitor the Satori CH service via an external client tool such as Pingdom monitoring software.
Satori CH Product Health Metrics
The Satori CH deployment has a built-in prometheus service to report the health metrics to Satori, alerting the customer in the event of any applicative health issues.
All health issues are handled proactively by Satori in cooperation with the customer, as required.
The Satori support team is available to assist with technical issues. See the Support section for more details.
New Satori Product Versions
New versions of Satori products are made available on a weekly basis. Release notes are available here.
Satori recommends that you regularly update your software, to enjoy new features, bug fixes and upgrade the security patches.
Managing Satori CH
To easily manage Satori CH, Satori provides you with a management application that enables you to perform various debug and maintenance operations directly on the Satori CH deployment.
Accessing the Satori CH DAC Management Interface
To access the Satori CH DAC Management interface perform the following tasks:
- Select the Settings from the kebab menu located on the top right side of the application header.
- Now, select the DAC's view from the navigation sidebar
- (Snowflake only) Click the hyperlink that appears after the name of your DAC instance in the table to access the Snowsight interface.
Satori CH DAC Management Functionality
- Upload Logs - When performing a troubleshooting session with a Satori engineer you may be required to upload your DAC log files to a dedicated storage location. The log files are automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Log Level Change - Satori engineers may also require that you change the log level for one of the modules, the log level will reset itself to the default state.
- Configuration Reload - In the event that the Satori DAC detects an invalid configuration via the Satori Management Console, Satori will maintain the last valid configuration and not update to a newer version. The interface allows you to restore the DAC update mechanism.